Summer’s on it’s way and you’re gonna need to be prepared. West Marine, as always, has a slew of new products out. Here are 10 we think you’ll need to catch the fish worth bragging about.
The Ten Fishing Products You’ll Need This Year
- MINN KOTA Riptide PowerDrive (70 lbs., Co-Pilot with Bluetooth, 54 inch Shaft) – If you happen to be a serious saltwater angler, the Riptide PowerDrive is the edge you need to bring home some trophy fish. Aside from being nearly indestructible, it has variable speeds, it’s quiet, and it utilizes a Bluetooth wireless remote in the event you have to step away from the motor to bait your hook.
- PELAGIC Battle Fishing Gloves – Blisters and line cuts can easily cut a fishing trip a few hours short, but the PELAGIC Battle Fishing Gloves helps prevent these issues from happening. They’re Kevlar reinforced, meaning that the same stuff used for bulletproof vests (to save lives) is wrapped around your hand to keep it protected. To make matters even better, the glove is as useful on the boat as it is off the boat (and they happen to look rather stylish).
- Abu Garcia Revo SX High Speed Low Profile –The Revo SX low profile baitcast reel dropped over 2 ounces from the previous model taking lightweight design to the next level and reducing the weight by 25%.
- POWER-POLE Power Pro Sportsman II Shallow Water Anchor – The Sportsman II brings the reliability and technology that the Power-Pole brand is known for in this entry-level model.The durable matte black finish makes it immune to wear in marine environments, it can hold boats for up to 28 feet, and it’s easy to install (regardless of the boat you happen to use).
- ENGEL 13 Quart Live Bait Cooler – Engel took its bait cooler (that has already been leading the cooler industry) and improved its perfect design once again. By moving the air hose port to the lid and adding a pull net, Engel has made it possible to allow minimal leakage and optimal water capacity.
- SHIMANO Wind-On Leader Butterfly Flat-Side Jigging (60 lbs.) – The Shimano Jigging is specifically designed for Butterfly jigging. If you’re looking for a long, smooth cast, the Shimano Jigging offers a hollow section and a shorter braid that creates less friction (as it passes through the rod guides).
- PELAGIC End Game Full Fishing Glove – The PELAGIC End Game Fishing Glove are kind of like the Battle Fishing Gloves… but on steriods. That’s right, The End Game Fishing Glove offers full coverage of your hand and it can handle teeth, hooks, or anything else that would harm your hand and fingers.
- WILLAPA MARINE Complete Crab Pot Kit-Leaded Line – If you plan on going crabbing, the Complete Crab Pot Kit is about to be your new best friend. With four entry gates, you’ll have no problem dumping what you catch in the cage. The Crab Pot is made in the USA and it also comes with a buoy to keep your catches afloat.
- DAIWA BG4000 Inshore Combo – The Daiwa BG4000 Inshore Combo is strictly built to handle saltwater fishing, so you can expect the rod and reel to be durable enough to handle the toughest catches. Between the rugged reels and aluminum construction, you won’t have to embellish the truth when it comes to what your rod and reel can pull in.
- ST. CROIX MARINE Tidemaster Inshore Travel Spinning – Being as simple to put together as it is to take apart, the St. Croix Marine Tidemaster Inshore Travel Spinning is an excellent choice for fishers who enjoy their reel compact when not in use. The case not only stores the rod in seperate compartments, but it protects your rod from getting broken when it isn’t in use.